Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | How I Came to Love Craft Beer


Do you like beer? I love beer! In fact, let me be more specific, I love CRAFT BEER! My love of craft beer like many others journey through the malty, hoppy delightfulness, I too have my own story that I thought I would share to introduce you to a feature I am going to be calling Thirsty Thursday. I hope to share anything and everything about craft beer, from breweries, beers I love, beer festivals and more!

Lets begin at the beginning… like most other Northwoods girls, a big keg of beer (normally Miller High Life) was just a given at all of the bond fire parties in the woods or the parents that would turn a blind eye to the activates of their basement of our younger days. Also, like most girls beer wasn’t really my thing but after chocking a few back it wasn’t sooooo bad. Over time it was OK. Onto college in Arizona brought lots of Corona which was an improvement (a lime in a beer can do that!) Fun fact, a Corona on draft was actually my first legal beer… at a Hooter’s no less, classy don’t remind me, I know. After moving back to Wisconsin I became the rebel drinking the blue label light beer brought to us by the clydesdales rather than the home town favorite in the state that has a Major League baseball team named after them but after countless work trips to Milwaukee my coworkers started rubing off on me when we would visit the closest watering hole to the office which happened to be a brew pub where I slowly started trying new brews. They didn’t even serve that ugly blue label so I really didn’t have a choice... boy am I glad now!



Cut to a few years later the Husband Man (before he was the Husband Man) and I lived in Chicagoland and drank many, MANY imports of the English, Belgian and German persuasions. This then led us to seek out what was being created locally which hasn’t stopped since! I love everything from a rich imperial stout to a hoppy double IPA and many in between. Having now worked for a local Wisconsin craft brewery for over 6+ years, to say I am passionate about craft beer and the movement behind it is an understatement. When I sample beer for people I love encouraging them to step out of their comfort zone and try something new because there really is something for everyone in the craft beer realm! Cheers!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a similar story to mine! My husband loves to brew and living in San Diego County we are surrounded by sooooo much amazing craft beer. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete