Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | George Harrison, All Things Must Pass


In celebrating what would have been George Harrison's birthday yesterday it would be an easy statement for me to say that he is my favorite Beatle. Don’t get me wrong, John, Paul and Ringo are pretty cool guys but George is the one that has always done it for me. Maybe it’s was his 80’s hit Got My Mind Set On You, his time with The Traveling Wilburys, his general enlightened persona or simply that he shied away from the media a bit more than John or Paul.  A snowy day in Madison, Wisconsin driving to the state Department of Tourism office for scenic stock image files is one I will never forget when it came across the radio that George had finally succumb to cancer, the day was November 29, 2001.



The album All Things Must Pass is certainly the shining gem of our vinyl collection. We acquired this original album ultimately saving it from water damage in my Husband Man’s parent’s basement and we couldn’t have been happier to protect it. All Things Must Pass was released in the Fall of 1970 containing the hit single and haunting melody My Sweet Lord. On December 4, 2013 All Things Must Pass was inducted into the GRAMMY Hall of Fame. If you ever have a chance to spin this classic please let me know if you love it as much as I do!




Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment