Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Interpol, Antics


There are really not that many bands that I would say that I really love. I would say that I am almost the same way with people... I have many people in my life that I like, that I consider friends but few that are in that inner circle if you know what I mean. I have the same relationship with music and bands. Many I really like but few that I really love. The band Interpol is one of the few I really love... like as in one of the few I really want to see in concert (and immensely regret not being able to get tickets to their Milwaukee show this past November but sometimes that's just life).


When Antics came out in 2004 it really was the album that not only introduced me to Interpol but made me fall in love with this band. The song Slow Hands may have been a bit over played on alternative radio at the time but it still is the song that I can't get enough of and probably never will! That said there are SO many good songs on this album from Next Exit, Evil, Not Even Jail and C'mere. So few records I can listen to all of the way through and like all of the songs but this is one of them! I think another reason this album is one I love as it reminds me of the time in my life while I was living in Chicagoland and my husband and I (who was my boyfriend at the time) had just moved in together.... so lots of good feels and memories are associated with this music, never a bad thing! 


It seems as though I wasn't the only who had a love for Interpol's Antics as it was named to countless top 50 albums for 2004 including everyone from Pitchfork, Rolling Stone to Spin. With a very alternative rock meets slightly post punk with a touch of mystery yet up lifting feel you simply can't listen to this album without smiling, even if it is just a little bit. When I found this record i was very excited so if you haven't given Interpol a listen put it on your to-do list today!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment