Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Into the Wild Soundtrack


I am not sure about you but there really isn't anything like a great movie that also has a great soundtrack. To be honest, Into the Wild really is the complete trifecta for me... great movie, great soundtrack AND a great book. That is pretty much the order I experienced them in as well (a little backwards I know, most people read the book before a movie including me) but I am actually quite glad I was able to take in the beauty and sadness that is real life story of Christopher McCandless in the order that I had. 


Every since this movie came out in 2007 I have been obsessed with it and the soundtrack. The movie has a such a very special place in my heart but so does the album in a very standalone way. For those of you who don't know the entire soundtrack is actually Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam's first solo album. Its got such a mellow, bright yet melancholiness and a very clear folk vibe to it that you can't help but to love it. When the soundtrack came out on vinyl a few years back my husband knew that it would be the perfect birthday gift for me... and he was right!


It's not often that I can listen to an album, let alone a soundtrack in it's entirety and absolutely love it but this one I completely do! With the movie being produced by Sean Penn he had hand picked Eddie Vedder for this project having worked with him in the past on a couple of songs for other movies like Dead Man Walking and I am Sam. The song Guaranteed from the album even won a Golden Globe in 2008. If you haven't seen the movie, heard these beautiful songs or read the book you REALLY need to today!!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. I remember when this soundtrack first got announced I knew it was going to be wonderful because of Eddie Vedder's involvement.

    ReplyDelete