Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Years | Thoughts & Goals


Happy New Year 2015 friends! 

I think for the first time in my post 21yrs old life I hadn't had any set plans for New Years Eve this year. It was both odd yet felt perfect right. We ended up having an engagement shoot with a great couple from Milwaukee who wanted some shots in the snow of the Northwoods (and boy did they ever, snow angels and all!), then on a whim we hit up our favorite local brewery, Tribute Brewing for just a couple of beers and since they close at 9pm we headed home for a very late dinner making of NY strip steak toped w/ blue cheese & mushrooms, roasted potatoes and cheesy pull apart bread with a bit more craft beer and even some wine. Full and sleepy we hardly made it to midnight when my husband lit off a few fireworks and we called it a night... fun times!

It's funny I think I am sure I am like many others with making "resolutions" in the sense of them, you know the "this year I am getting my act together on X, Y, Z..." but after not being able to sleep after our exciting night, I thought maybe rather than resolutions I would work up a few "goals" and JUST MAYBE if I got them down I can hold myself a bit more accountable. 

Sitting here with a hot cup of coffee and quietly jamming out to The Shins, I realized that over the years I have found I more of a list making person than I ever thought I was. So in the spirit of lists here is what I came up with for my 2015 goals.


What do you think? I am hoping they will be both inspiring and do-able! We have personally have some big plans for the year and I can't wait to share them with everyone as they unfold. Here's to a great 2015!

Credits | Author & Graphic Design Images: Krista

6 comments:

  1. Love your blog design. And cheers to knocking out those resolutions. I tried not to make to many LOL...good luck in 2015!

    Chiara
    www.that-spark-of-light.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much!! I can't wait to check out your blog too :-)

      Delete
  2. I've been against making "resolutions" for awhile. I prefer to make "goals" too. I feel like resolutions are things you expect to break, while goals you actually plan to achieve. :) And I love your list of goals! I'll be sharing mine next week.

    Your NYE celebration sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean Crystal! I just hate saying I am going to do "blah, blah, blah" and then feel like a loser when for x,y,z reason I don't! Hope you had a great New Years too!

      Delete
  3. Great goals! I think its awesome to have an overall life vision moving forward, new year or not. But it is a good excuse to reevaluate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Sadly I am already lacking in the procrastination department... I need to get my notebook out already and make my list for today and haven't done it yet lol

      Delete