Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Alice in Chains, Jar of Flies


I could be wrong but I don't know how you could have been a teenager in the 90's and not listen to Alice in Chains, especially the album Jar of Flies. I guess my age is really starting to show when I can remember this playing on MTV and now thinking how in the hell is this record over 20 years old! I mean where did the time go!?



Jar of Flies was the release by Alice in Chains in 1993. An interesting fact I recently read about this album was it actually was never intended to be released at all. That just simply blows my mind! Written and recorded in just one week this Grammy nominated and has since been certified triple platinum.



Part of what we all know now as the grunge scene Alice in Chains too were from Seattle and with songs from Jar of Flies like No ExcusesI Stay Away and Don't Follow cemented them forever as one of the best and most well known bands of this era. Sadly with the passing of Layne Staley the music that Alice in Chains could have went onto make was not meant to be but for a brief period of time we were graced with some pretty amazing music that will live on forever!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments: