Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Trainspotting Soundtrack



What can I say, 2015 blogging didn't exactly take off like I thought... some life came and happened. Between some work, some sickness and a damn deer taking out the side of my suburban it's been a real fun start of the year what can I say! I have decided that I am going to try to not be so hard on myself if I miss a post or am late posting now and again. 


So in terms of records we all have our "whales" if you will and the soundtrack to the movie Trainspotting was my husband's. Recently he saw it for sale and he had to understandably have it! I know I watched the movie as a teenager back in 1996 directed by Danny Boyle and starring a young Ewan McGregor & Jonny Lee Miller like my husband when he was the same age but he lived for the soundtrack of this movie. I even recently read that in 2007 the editors of Vanity Fair magazine ranked the Trainspotting soundtrack as the 7th best soundtrack in history too. 


Listening to this soundtrack now present day it really is amazing and timeless almost 20 years later. Songs by artists like David Bowie, Underworld, Joy Division, Iggy Pop, Primal Scream, Lou Reed, Elastica and more... its just awesome! If you want to learn a bit more about this crazy 90's drug fueled capper, check out on Trainspotting IMDB. Plus the sunny, neon orange vinyl simply makes me smile when I know I could really use it, how about you?!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. Delighted to see this in your collection. As good as soundtracks get!

    ReplyDelete