Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Run the Jewels, Run the Jewels 2


Are you into rap music? Well today I have a treat for you! Full disclosure... for a long time I was never really into rap, I think it was a relatability issue for me (I live and grew up in the quite Northwoods of Wisconsin, hours from the hardships others face in larger cities that many rap albums portray) not necessarily the actually sound of it. Through the years I have really grown to love old school rap and appreciate new rap as well.



My husband is the one who introduced me to Run the Jewels the rap duo of acclaimed Atlanta rapper Killer Mike and New York based rapper / producer El-P. The album Run the Jewels 2 (as the album indicates) is their second studio release and was also recently ranked the #1 album of Pitchfork's Top 50 2014 albums. With awesome hooks, beats and lyrically does not simply repeat for the sake of repeating (a rarity amid it's pears) there is never a dull moment while listening to Run the Jewels 2!



We have pretty much been listening to this nonstop since arrived in early December both on vinyl and as digital download in the car as well. Word of WARNING for those of you faint of heart... this one is quite vulgar and NC17. You might not know it from my posts but I can certainly have a mouth of a trucker at times and work in a very male dominated industry so I rarely take offense to that type of thing but I understand that it might not be for everyone, hence the warning. That said, if hip-hop music IS your thing this really is a great album and you should give it a spin today!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete