Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thirsty Thursday | War & Peace, Fulton Beer


Last night when we shot (and drank) this very delicious beer that had been aging in our basement for about a year because why not!? Especially after some of the crazy April Fools Day beer pranks out there that New Glarus, Lakefront & Sixpoint Breweries all pulled... we needed no more tricks! When I went to "check in" War & Peace by Fulton Beer I realized I only have 10 more beers until I reach the crazy achievement of 1000th unique beers on Untappd as well. Needless to say I am really excited to have this beer to start off my countdown to 1000 with!


Fulton Beer is a small brewery out of Minneapolis basically starting off with four guys in a garage and a great dream that became a (hard working) reality... that we get to enjoy right along with them! We get over to the Twin Cities from time to time and whenever we do we stock up on craft beer and when we picked this one up last year we knew it was going to be a keeper for awhile and I am glad we did.


This 2014 War & Peace is a Russian Imperial Stout conditioned with whole bean Peace Coffee and packs a 9% ABV punch too. Not only does it have amazing coffee notes like you would imagine but a fantastic touch of chocolate making it smooth and a bit boozy. We even detected a touch of spice (as in heat) which was a really great flavor too.


If you have the chance to try this one it really needs to be on your short list to get and thats no joke! Cheers!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

6 comments:

  1. I definitely would love to get my hands on this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves trying new beers, he spends forever at the total wine looking at the beers, I will show him this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of Fulton's best! We love Fulton, they have pretty good stuff! Next time you head to the Twin Cities let me know, I know plenty of other good suggestions too!

    ReplyDelete