Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Back to the Future Soundtrack


I'm not sure about you but I love 80's movies and one of my all-time favorites has ALWAYS been Back to the Future! I mean who doesn't love this movie?! We have the full trilogy on DVD and actually still watch it on regular basis, it's just one of those great movies you can flip on and it can play in the background while you are doing things around the house or if you feel like garbage and need a couch day... you know what I mean! 


Though yes I love the trilogy in it's entirety (even you Back to the Future II), today we are solely talking about the original one that started it all. Something I think we can all agree on is probably the two most recognizable things about the soundtrack. First, the two iconic Huey Lewis & The News songs The Power of Love (which went onto be a #1 hit all in itself) and Back in TimeSecondly, is the large impact that the instrumental component of the soundtrack plays figuratively and literally in the film created by composer Alan Silvestri that plays throughout the movie. In the 50's era you also get to hear some of the classics from the times like Marvin Berry and The Starlighters' Earth Angel, Mr.Sandman by The Four Aces and Johnny B Goode even played by Marty McFly with The Starlighters.


When we came across this find we were both surprised and excited since we didn't know it even existed, what can I say it was a great day! 

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cool! What a neat find. I love that you have a turntable series. Also, you're wall is painted so beautifully! I would love to do something like that in my office.

    I only own one record and it's something that was printed about 10 years ago, so it's not a big deal. I did however play it on my grandparent's Victrola, it was modern day "screamo" music, but the Victrola gave it the creepy old timey scratchy sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you!! We have like 4 turntables, 3 of which are in use and who knows how many albums we have!!! I used to love the scratchy old timey sounds too but now I can really hear the sound quality when playing records vs any other listen method. We also have all vintage equipment which can be a bit of maintenance but it's just really amazing how much better everything was built in the 70's and again the sound quality of it!

      Delete