Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Veruca Salt 45


Veruca Salt is one of the bands I listened to the most in my teenage 90's years. In fact I think permanently "borrowed" my sister Lisa's Eight Arms to Hold You CD (haha sorry Lisa!) I have always loved awesome chick rocker bands or ones with female vocalists like Veruca Salt, Sleater-Kinney and Garbage so it's no surprise that last year when the 2014 Record Store Day list was released and a 45 by Veruca Salt was on the list there was no doubt we would get that... and we did!


As I am typing this I realized too that we have never featured a 45, an equivalent of a single. Most 45's are either 1-2 songs per side and much smaller than the standard 10" size. This particular Veruca Salt 45 has one song on one side and two on another. The three songs featured include their 90's anthem hit Seether (which I have ALWAYS loved) and then two special new songs The Museum of Broken Relationships and It's Holy


This little album is exactly what you think it would be both short and sweet. I am so happy we were able to get this as we were recently looking at the 2015 Record Store Day lineup and realized how limited a release this really was so we are lucky to have found it. 


Are you looking forward to this year's Record Store Day and any albums you are excited for? What 90's band do you miss most? This one would be right up there for me!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

4 comments:

  1. I have an playlist dedicated to 90's music lol its not very genre specific, it's more of a smorgasbord of 90's hits. I miss all of them, maybe cause I grew up in the 90's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear ya!! I think I have playlists from ever era too!

      Delete
  2. Veruca Salt! Yes! I learned to love them in high school. They are always a part of my girl power playlists.

    ReplyDelete