Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Turntable Tuesday | Death from Above 1979, The Physical World


I honestly had not heard any music from Death from Above 1979 until very recently when my husband Matt picked up this record not that long ago. Sure I had seen it in my Instagram feed but really wasn't familiar with it in any other way. Well after it spinning all weekend I am very excited we have it in our collection! 


With an awesome rock sound that packs a punch Death from Above is right up my alley! After a few spins my next question was if the album came with a digital download as my driving tunes have become, well a bit stagnate. (Believe me I love spinning records while we are at home but I definitely need tunes while I am driving too!)


This Canadian rock duo has been around for some time so I can't believe I am just hearing about them! The Physical World has so many great songs, especially the singles Trainwreck 1979 and Government Trash. The more I listen to this album you can totally hear the influences of other artists their producer has worked with like LCD Soundsystem and Nine Inch Nails yet Death from Above's unique sound clearly flows through.

If you haven't had a chance to spin this one recently I highly recommend you do!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny my husband and I were watching a trailer for a documentary they are making last night and they are actually defined at a punk band... which initially I didn't quite understand but the more I listen I can get that from their music too for sure!

    ReplyDelete