Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Kuhnhenn Brewing, 4D Olde Ale


I am sure I have said it before but I will again... our photography clients ARE THE BEST! In fact, many of them are so awesome that they share/swap craft brews with us from time to time and this post is about one of those awesome couples doing that! About a month ago we shot a fun craft beer themed engagement shoot for our clients Felicia & Nikko in the Munster, Indiana area. If you know ANYTHING about craft beer you know that Munster is currently at the pulse of the craft brewing world and the home to the infamous Three Floyds Brewery… but this post actually isn’t about Three Floyds!


When talking about the upcoming nuptials between this couple they mentioned their favorite brewery is actually a small brewery out of Warren, Michigan named Kuhnhenn Brewing, which they hope to serve at their wedding. After lots of photo taking and craft beers they were kind enough to give us a few samples of Kuhnhenn’s to sample at home in which 4D Olde Ale (also known Bourbon Barrel Fourth Dementia) was one of them!


In all honesty I am a bit embarrassed to say I had never heard of Kuhnhenn until Felicia & Nikko told us about them. This delicious, boozy delight was a wonderful sipper that the husband and I shared. With hints of raisin, sweet toffee and melt in your mouth caramel this tasty beverage did not disappoint either! Oh and did it ever pack a punch in the abv department… a fine 13.5%, right up there with the best bourbon barrels I have ever had! I even gave it 5 stars on Untappd (which is quite rare for me) but I found after looking at 4D on Rate Beer, I am not the only one since it has a solid 100 rating!

If you ever have the opportunity to try one of Kuhnhenn’s fine brews do no pass it up, I know we sure hope to try more come this November at Felicia & Nikko’s wedding!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Kuhnhenn either! This beer sounds delicious, sounds like a great dessert beer! I doubt I can get this in Minnesota, but I will definitely at least look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have learned they are super small and don't really distribute but wow, this was AMAZING! We also have an Imperial Stout yet to try from them and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete