Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Pete Townshend, Empty Glass


As most will know Pete Townshend is a music legend in so many different rights. Being the legendary writer and guitarist for The Who, Empty Glass was his first solo breakout album. The album was written and recorded between 1978 - 1980, when movement within The Who had started underway again, Pete found himself partaking in the writing for both his solo project and as well as The Who.


I just love this album mostly because of all the awesome hits on it, I think I have listen to the love song Let My Love Open the Door like a million times (which Pete claims was just a little "ditty" he worked up)! Plus there are some other really great songs like Rough Boys, Empty Glass and Little is Enough that do tend to have a bit more of The Who type of feel but honestly it doesn’t matter because not only are they good but they are penned from the same hand so it is completely understandable. Overall a great album and one you should check out if you can!



Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information.
    best cheap gaming chairs under 100 dollars

    ReplyDelete