Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Genesis, Invisible Touch


I am not sure about you but I am HUGE 80’s music fan and though I know I have already proclaimed that before here on the blog I just can’t seem to say it enough! And if there has to be a great album of the 80’s (and there are many) Invisible Touch by Genesis is almost certainly ranking up near the tippy top of the best of it’s time! Released in 1986 Invisible Touch spending over 95+ weeks on the UK charts and by far was their best selling US album. As character Patrick Bateman in the movie American Psycho proclaims Invisible Touch as an "undisputed masterpiece"... Which it is!


I had the song Invisible Touch on a mix CD when I was in high school and I think I listened to it every day, it just gets you in an awesome mood… IF I did karaoke I think it just might be my go to song! Just look at the track listing… from Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, In Too Deep to Throwing it All Away and I mean who doesn’t remember the awesome puppet Land of Confusion music video!? It is said that essentially though this is a “Genesis” album it really was a Phil Collins breakthrough album which I suppose is debatable (and honestly I don't care) but what isn’t debatable is what a great album this is! Now just TRY and get the song Invisible Touch out of your head today… I know I probably won’t!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment