Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | The Brothers Johnson, Right on Time


I am not sure about you but sometimes I am in the mood for some funk and when I am looking for my funk fix it is almost always The Brothers Johnson we spin! I have to say I first fell in love with their sound from hearing their hit Strawberry Letter 23 on the soundtrack of the Quentin Tarantino movie Jackie Brown (I will save my love for this movie and soundtrack for another day!) Later I learned that this was from their 1977 album Right on Time so when we came across this at a thrift store we promptly swiped it up!


A fun fact about the song Strawberry Letter 23 is that that song never mentions the number 23 only the number 22 hence the name of the song is commonly called Strawberry Letter 22 not 23. But I am happy to say this isn’t the only song I love on this album Runnin' For Your Lovin & Love Is are among the awesome blend of funk & 70’s pop mixed by the famous Quincy Jones. If you are looking for something fun to brighten up your day all you have to do is look to The Brothers Johnson!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work!
    cheap available gaming chairs under 100 dollars

    ReplyDelete