Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | The Breeders, Last Splash


There are days when I feel like my teenage years were a lifetime ago and yet in other instances just a memory away. Full of angst and the wanderlust of what lies beyond the best way I am reminded of these thoughts and feelings is always through music.


My husband and I actually talk about it a lot these days, mostly because many of our favorite artists from the 1990’s (the time when we were both young and all music it seemed was full of those teenage feelings) are celebrating their 20th Anniversaries… Its such a crazy big number, how the hell did TWENTY years go by?!


When I think of these times there are countless albums that come to mind that I listened to over and over again in bedroom writing in my diary (yeah I was one of those kids, ha!) One such album was The Breeders, Last Splash. Headed up by The Pixies own Kim Deal and her twin sister Kelley Deal, songs like Cannonball, Devine Hammer, Saints and No Aloha just seem to take me back to a different time in my life. I honestly believe listening to music is it’s own real form of time travel. I love when something like Last Splash can bring you right back to an exact place in the past and just hang there for a moment.  


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. This content is written very well. Your use of formatting when making your points makes your observations very clear and easy to understand. Thank you.
    cheap available gaming chairs under 200 dollars

    ReplyDelete