Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Sprecher Brewery, Hard Ginger Beer


I will be honest, until the new Hard Ginger Beer by Sprecher Brewery came out I have never had a ginger beer before. That said, Sprecher regular Ginger Ale is my FAVORITE gourmet soda they make! I almost always have a personal stash of this in the house though we don’t drink much pop in general (we often just joke it’s mostly coffee, water, beer around these parts!) Funny I say that because this post really doesn’t have to do with a “true” craft beer, it deals with something enterly different, which I think is fun! 

Since as you can clearly see my Sprecher Ginger Ale love runs deep when the Hard Ginger Beer came out I wasn’t sure how I would like it but…. I. LOVE. IT! I mean it’s seriously amazing!! Not too sweet, not too dry and just the right amount of spicy, gingery goodness to please any ginger ale lover like me. With a very mild abv of 4.7% it’s both light and refreshing and won’t do you in after just one.


Now to take this amazing brew to the next level we turned it into a craft cocktail by using Rouge’s Spruce Gin. Every summer we seem to have one go-to cocktail in lieu of beer (and for us they are almost always gin based). This summer the said cocktail has been the Moscow Mule (or as we have been calling it a Milwaukee Mule). If you haven’t had one of these yet you NEED to get your lips around it ASAP! 


Also, I am sure you wondering what is up with the copper mug, well let me explain! Not only does it keep the drink fantastically cold on those hot summer days but it is said that there is a natural chemical reaction that occurs when your mouth, liquid and copper all meet that make this cocktail taste the way it is "supposed" to taste. Whether or not that is true I am not one to say but I was SOLD by the look of this fancy cup alone so who cares, right!? In the mean time look for the Sprecher Hard Ginger Beer near you soon!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment