Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Revolution Brewing, Fistmas Ale


Sticking with the holiday spirit from here on out till the big day next week it's time to talk holiday brews! It's funny how many holiday or winter beers get lumped into the fruity and overly spiced category... now don't get me wrong there are some I really LOVE but if it's not done right they can be downright nasty. 


A few weeks back there was a great blog post titled 7 Great Beers for the Christmas Beer Hater and it really rang true to me! When we were in Chicago a few weeks back we happened to have one of their hometown beers Revolution Brewing's Fistmas Ale on draft while out for dinner and afterword we quickly swiped up a 6pk of this seasonal delight before heading out of town. There is no doubt in my mind Fistmas easily could have been added to the list above for Christmas beer haters. 


This is a fantastic red ale that is slightly hopped with predominant flavor of a nice malty caramel with very subtle hints of orange peel and ginger. I almost hesitate to write the orange and ginger because they are that delicate in this beer you hardly notice them, but in a good way. A mild ABV of 6.1% it's easy to enjoy a few of these and relax for the holidays without being blown away by too much going on in your beer. And I have to mention, how cool is the can art on Fistmas?! I love it... especially while it's hanging out with one of our Christmas nutcrackers!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photograph: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. The Mr likes a local winter Ale, I like Mulled Wine myself :)

    ReplyDelete