Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Frank Sinatra, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas


It's funny but I think sometimes Christmas starts to bring out the vinyl lover in all of us... and I love it! My husband and his family always had records when he was young (though like most everyone as he got older they slowly made their way to crates in the basement only to be rediscovered later). My family never had records to discover them as an adult has been such a wonderful experience for me.


My husband and I both have always been into music but when we first started getting into records heavily a few years ago one of our first purchases on this journey was a vintage Magnavox record cabinet from one of my aunt's Pack Rats Estate Sales including some of the warn vinyl within it. This purchase occurred just before the holidays when we were in the process of purchasing our home and staying with family. Frank Sinatra's Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas was one of those records and once we started playing it everyone loved it and wanted us to keep playing it. Now this album has turned into one of our favorite Christmas records! 


This album is more of a compilation as it is Frank Sinatra and friends... such said friends includes the likes of Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin and Rosemary Clooney!  Of course I adore the vintage art on the sleeve and label plus it has countless classic holiday favorites like Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, The First Noel, Jingle Bells, Silent Night and more! Do you love playing classic records as much as we no around the holidays?! What is your favorite?

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

3 comments:

  1. I've been listening to this album a lot this month, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    cheap available gaming chairs under 200 dollars

    ReplyDelete