Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour


I am sort of surprised now that I realize it, but this is actually my first Beatles post. My very first Turntable Tuesday post was on one of George Harrison's solo albums but I have never done a "Beatles" album... well now I will have! As many of you know, sadly yesterday December 8th was the 34th anniversary of John Lennon's death and just two weeks ago was the 13th anniversary of George Harrison's.

Slowly we have been building our Beatles collection and when my husband came across an Original Master Recording of the Magical Mystery tour a few months ago it was a no brainer to swipe it up. Over the winter when we were in Vegas we went and saw Beatle's Love at the Mirage and if you haven't seen it.... WOW! I know this might sound corny but it was like a religious experience. The show was emotional, beautiful and amazing in every single way. So many of the songs featured where from the Magical Mystery Tour now that I think back on it. 


Countless hits from this 1967 album include songs every single person probably knows like Magical Mystery Tour, Penny Lane, Hello Goodbye, All You Need Is Love, Baby You're A Rich Man, I Am The Walrus and my personal all time favorite I remember as a child from the Beatles cartoons (do you remember those too?!) was Strawberry Fields Forever

Playing this album in the Original Master Recording format is like listening to a clean brand new record, it's so awesome. Venture back and give this one a spin!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments: