Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Pink Floyd, The Endless River


Why hello!!! I know it's been awhile friends, in fact a LONG while! What can I say, life and work has been ringing nonstop. Needless to say we are finally in the home stretch of wedding photo editing and beer festivals for the year so I hope to be back with regular blog posts and some new things to come in 2015... yeah!


Back to Turntable Tuesday... in case you didn't hear November was quite the awesome month for new albums this year and Pink Floyd's The Endless River just happened to be one of them! We are HUGE Pink Floyd fans in our house so this record was preordered pretty much the second it was available to do so.


Sadly The Endless River will officially be the last true Pink Floyd album to ever be released. The good news is that it is in most part outtakes from the recording sessions during the making of our personally beloved Division Bell. Largely instrumental (ok all but one song is), it is beautifully arranged and fantastic to listen to in general, regardless if you are a Pink Floyd fan or not in my opinion. This has been spending a great deal of time on our turntable since we got it, if you haven't checked it out yet you really need to today!

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Well I'm going to have to tell hubs about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's awesome you won't be disappointed! Great music to work or chill to for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, vinyl! A girl after my own heart. :)

    And P.S. I absolutely love your blog header - it's beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you!! Yes lots of vinyl in our house for sure... plus it's not only fun to listen to but to photograph also! ;-)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a great album! And I love your "Welcome" page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We too have a lot of vinyl...and a lovely turntable but we hardly ever use either..a shame I think, I love the scratchy, lovely sound...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny I like the scratchy sound but it drives my husband crazy (so he is always cleaning and tinkering with things!) There is just nothing like listening to your favorite band or album all the way through like they way they recorded it... I always think thats cool!

      Delete