Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Pink Floyd, The Division Bell


Let me start off by saying The Division Bell is my FAVORITE Pink Floyd. Yes, you read that right. Now I know it’s Pink Floyd’s true last album together (which some will even debate) and it’s initial reviews are “ok” at best, but here me out! Maybe this album is more of a nostalgic thing for me. I have a huge emotional connection with music like I am sure many people do, which is what makes music so powerful and moving. I tend to associate it with moments and times in my life for good or bad, Division Bell is like that for me. Call it a coming of age time in my life (14 years old) and being the first Pink Floyd album I was familiar with… at that time in my life I had never heard anything like it and it was my introduction to the wonderfulness that encompasses all that is Pink Floyd. It also happens to be the Husband Man’s favorite for many of the same reasons I mentioned, so it is very near and dear to both of us. We had been searching far and wide for The Division Bell for some time. By complete chance the Husband Man had been in Green Bay, WI for a wedding dress shoot  and stopped by one of the local record stores and found it for a mere $29 (compared to the ones online for $150, so yes we got it for a steal!)


The Division Bell was released in the Spring of 1994 to poor reviews but sales success despite that as well as earning the GRAMMY for the “Best Rock Instrumental Performance” on Marooned. Take It Back and Coming Back To Life are still two of my very favorite all time Pink Floyd songs, I could simply listen to them both on repeat for days! David Gilmour’s soothing vocals just put you in a mellow mood, spin this today and take in the awesomeness that is The Division Bell!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many.
    top 10 cheap gaming chairs under 100 at zone top 10

    ReplyDelete