Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Hopslam by Bells’ Brewery


I’m not sure about you but I like being hoppy, well I mean at least I like my beer to be most of the time! We were first introduced to both Bell’s Brewery and Hopslam several years ago through our travels (most notably heading to a wedding at Mackinaw Island, Michigan on Lake Huron). Having to make a stop in Kalamazoo, Michigan we thought it would be fun to check out the brewery and cool Eclectic Café, which has lead us to a few more trips there and a great love for this brewery all around.


Big, beautiful IPAs (India Pale Ale’s for those of you who might not know) really make my day and Hopslam is certainly one of them, especially being a double no less. Popping with a rich grapefruit flavor in addition to hints of honey and floral characteristic this really makes my mouth hoppy happy! It’s funny but I always find that the double or imperial IPA’s are actually some of the smoothest brews we drink. Even from time-to-time someone I know that does not favor this style of beer ends up being converted to a hop lover for life. Every year about early January in our neck of the woods this awesome beer is released and it is a time we always look forward to so we can get our hands on this tasty seasonal!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment