Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Beck, Morning Phase


I think some people tend to fall into a love or hate type of category with Beck. I personally have always liked his music though I have never been a "fan girl" type of fan if you will. Until recently I am almost embarrassed to admit I really never sat and listened to any of his albums in their entirety, simply enjoying the hits from them when I came across them. Back in Communication Arts class in high school a few of us even put a video together based on the Loser, Green Bay Packer’s parity song Cheesehead Baby by CWA (Cheeseheads With Attitude)… but that’s a different story for a different time!



When we heard about Beck’s Morning Phase being released the Husband Man and I agreed that we should really preorder it after hearing the first cut and both really loved it (plus after the release the price would surely go up and sell out which has happened to us before when we have waited.) Not long after the purchase NPR started streaming the album in it’s entirety from their website… I don’t think we have played an album that many times in a row, on repeat, in one day, in a LONG time! We simply love how beautiful, mellow and almost a touch melancholy it is. The day after the release the album finally arrived at our doorstep on the Husband Man’s birthday so it was a great treat. Needless to say we love it!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment