Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Iron Maiden, Powerslave


I don’t know about you, but you might be surprised to know that I love metal! I mean gritty, long ballad, screaming guitars kind of metal. Iron Maiden is in my opinion one of my favorites and one of the best in this category.  Have you ever seen the documentary Iron Maiden: Flight 666 about the band flying all over the word in their own custom Ed Force One 757 with lead singer Bruce Dickenson the real life captain of the plane… it’s AWESOME, I highly recommend it! If I want to kick some ass or just want to rock out this is what does it for me.


Powerslave, released in the Fall of 1984 is regarded as being one of Iron Maiden’s best albums at the height of their career. With the hits Ace’s High and 2 Minutes to Midnight leading the way, you can bang your head all the way through including to all 13 minutes and 42 seconds of the musical recounting of Samuel Taylor Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. It’s noted that the band was inspired to write this album after spending a few weeks on an island drinking tropical drinks… sounds good to me! So cheers to an awesome album… Now time to go fix something fruity and spin yourself some metal!



Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work.
    zonetop10

    ReplyDelete