Monday, March 17, 2014

Northwoods Life | Minocqua Winter Park


Growing up I would say for the most part my sisters and I were pretty outdoorsy. Granted we weren’t wilderness girls by any means but our Summers were spent biking our neighborhood, swimming at the nearest lake and playing in the acres and acres of woods around our home. In the Winter… not so much was done outdoors. Sure we would occasionally build a snow fort, play a variation of hockey with the other kids in the area or if we were really lucky someone’s dad would give us a snowmobile ride. Little did we know any other Winter actives besides this!


High school came and I was introduced to snowboarding, which granted I wasn’t very skilled at but during this time I at least got good enough to get down the hill without falling and that was good enough for me. Over the last few years we have been introduced to snowshoeing, which we have really enjoyed! It makes for a great afternoon, just about anyone can do it anywhere in any kind of snow conditions.

Being one of the last weekends we hope to have a large amount of snow (unless we get the Spring snow dumping we normally do) we thought it best to take advantage of the awesome weather, 23 F and sunny and check out the Minocqua Winter Park in Minocqua Wisconsin and it was awesome! The drive to it is in a beautiful, secluded part of the woods. You can do everything from tubing, to snowshoeing to cross-country skiing. Since surprisingly neither the Husband Man nor I have cross-country skied that was what we picked to do on our visit, though my 6yr old niece Autumn tells me she loves the tubing!



Let me tell you, cross-country skiing is a really fun way to spend the afternoon and a heck of a workout, just don’t take a wrong turn down an advanced trail and you wind up on your… yup, that was me! As a write I am sitting on a bag of peas, but never the less it was a great afternoon and I would highly recommend checking out the Minocqua Winter Park, there really is fun for all ages! Though I think next time I might be going tubing or snowshoeing until my broken ass pride are healed but as you can tell we were still all smiles at the end!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. My idea of a winter sport is sipping a hot toddy watching everyone else ski!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, many days that is my idea of a Winter sport too!

    ReplyDelete