Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Rogue Brewing, Morimoto Imperial Pilsner


It’s funny, there are day where I feel I know a lot about the craft beer world and other days BOOM… nope! The day I came across my first Imperial Pilsner I had ever seen was one of those days and that so happens to be this Morimoto Imperial Pilsner by Rogue Brewing. At a whopping 8.8% abv we felt ok about aging it for a bit (about 6 months I would say) even though I am sure it could easily have went longer. The flavor was of a classic soft water pils finish with so much more complexity in the hops and malt characteristics and had I not read directly on the bottle the abv I would have never guessed it because you could easily drink this all day on a hot Summer afternoon!


This Rogue beer is in collaboration with Chef Morimoto (know from both the Japanese & American versions of the Iron Chef on the Food Network) and the Morimoto Imperial Pilsner is just one of many in this particular series.


Also, you simply can’t talk about this beer without talking about the beautiful vessel it is packaged in, a silk-screened ceramic bottle with a resalable swing top. This beer was SUCH a surprising treat and one of our favorite new beers in a VERY long time and now The Husband Man and I are going to be on the hunt for more!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment