Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Turntable Tuesday | Lana Del Rey, Paradise


So over the past few months I have become pretty much become addicted to the music by Lana Del Rey, her voice is beautifully haunting and her lyrics are amazing! The songs simply become an earworm for days (thus having her on my turntable VERY often). I vaguely recall Lana’s not so hot Saturday Night Live performance from a few years and even at that, she never quite got on my radar. Having a turntable I don’t listen to Pandora much anymore but a few months ago while making a solo trip from Milwaukee back to the Northwoods I was jamming to my Robyn station (ok, LOVE Robyn, like A LOT but that is for another post!)… ANY WHO, several Lana Del Rey songs started getting mixed into the station and like Robyn, I just couldn’t get enough!


Paradise is actually the first album I sought out and purchased online on my own without even talking to the Husband Man (not that we are that kind of couple, it’s just that he tends to make the vinyl purchases in our home and the ones that are “mine” typically are gifts of sorts or mine are ones that I have purchased in person)…. So in a sense it’s KIND OF A BIG DEAL! This album was released the Fall of 2012 and as far as I am concerned every song is perfect (the GRAMMY Awards people do too since it was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album and Lana’s first every GRAMMY nomination to date). Her lounge singer-esque voice with some of her raunchy lines in Cola and Gods and Monsters just makes me love her more, plus songs like Body Electric and Drive are mind-blowing! If you have a chance, I highly getting on the Lana Del Rey bandwagon ASAP (hey even the Husband Man requests it often too!) For a fun bonus, check out her short film Tropico featuring the songs Body Electric, Gods and Monsters and Bel Air all from Paradise.


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you!
    top 10 cheap gaming chairs under 100 at zone top 10

    ReplyDelete