Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | Ommegang Brewing, Game of Thrones Series – Fire & Blood


You pretty much need to live under a rock NOT to know about the amazing books and HBO tv series Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin and us like so many other people are HUGE fans of both!


We also happen to love Ommegang Brewery, so what an amazing pair this makes! Fire & Blood, Red Ale is the 3rd in the Game of Throne collaboration beers after the Iron Throne, Blonde Ale and Take the Black Stout. Fire & Blood is an amazing beer with a sweet and malty character and some awesome fire action going on with just a hint of ancho chilies and rye. Like all the brews Ommegang makes, the balance is right one and one you need to try!


On a semi-related side note I also hit my 500th beer on Untappd this week and received the Legendary badge! I was pretty excited, I actually planned to have Fire & Blood as my 500th beer but it turned out it was a so-so beer from a local brewery in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin while celebrating my twin sister’s 31st birthday. At least we had a fun day and that was all that mattered! Are you on Untappd?? If so check me out at the link below my profile picture!




Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment