Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Travel | New York, New York – World Trade Center Memorial



Every couple of years my sisters and I have been trying to do a sisters trip, which is great because we all travel quite well together and we always have a blast! A little over a week ago we made our most recent trek, this time eastward bound to the Big Apple and Connecticut. Sister Lisa my fabulous hair stylist had a certification class she was taking and thus Sister Michele and I were able to join the fun!


One of the most touching things we did while in New York was visit the Word Trade Center Memorial and the new Freedom Tower (which also happens to now be the tallest building in America). It was a very beautiful tribute yet hauntingly quite, as it should be at such a hallow site. We also learned while we are there that the term “Ground Zero” is no longer being used as life has moved on, which all of my sisters and I couldn’t have agreed more on.


In honor of Memorial Day this week and all of the victims of one the most horrendous tragedies in American history, I felt it fitting to share some of the images from our visit to the Word Trade Center Memorial that day.

Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

2 comments:

  1. My gosh that is just gorgeous. I've never felt the need to go to NYC but I would love seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny you say that, I never felt a need or want to either and honestly wasn't all too excited... more of a "yeah we are going cool" kind of feeling. Now that I have went I actually really want to go back! There was so much we didn't get to do. I lived in the Chicago area for a while and it was amazing how often I kept saying "this is like Chicago" blah blah blah ha! Anyway, I have at least 1 or 2 more mosts on it so I can't wait to share!

      Delete