Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thirsty Thursday | New Glarus, Berliner Weiss


So I have a confusion to make because I need to be honest… and we are friends right?? Well I am personally I have not always been a huge fan of beer brewed by New Glarus Brewing. UGH, do you still like me?! Wisconsinite sin to the max I know. It has nothing to do with the brewery, the quality or even the flavor really… it just never has agreed with me if you get what I mean. I have never been quite sure why either but that little fact has always kept me clear of beer that I will try a sip or two of and back away slowly.


Recently however I decided it was time to step up and get over my fear of not feeling well in favor of the beer you can only get in Wisconsin… one of those such beers I actually purchased and didn’t just try a sip of at a beer fest was one of New Glarus’s Thumbprint Series beers, the Berliner Weiss. A Berliner Weisse by definition is a light, sour, low abv beer and cloudy / unfiltered (much like a German style Hefe Weiss) and the New Glarus version is all of that and more! It has been awhile since I have had a sour but this beer was such a tart, refreshing and surprise that I don’t even mind the under 4%abv (and no tummy trouble, yeah!!) I know this is only available in Wisconsin but if you can get your hands on it I certainly would if you could while it is a limited release. So maybe the next time I want something light and refreshing out in about in the Northwoods I just might try my hand at that Spotted Cow on tap without fear… time to Drink Indigenously my friends!


Credits | Author: Krista & Photography: Fornear Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment